Thursday, September 5, 2013

      Well, here we are at the start of another school year. I am super excited about my current batch of newbie third graders. I can't wait for Back to School Night so I can get permission to post pictures of my students and all the hard work they are doing. As a student said last week to a friend next to him..."See, I told you we would learn cool stuff in third grade!"  That comment just re-energized me after a week of classroom prep, curriculum review, and general fatigue. I thought since my class was now tech ready with our new smart board, I had to get this blog going. This was one of my resolutions last year, so I made it just in time for another great year at Page. I am always looking for inspiration  and I found this great video online... 
http://video-subtitle.tedcdn.com/talk/podcast/2013S/None/RitaPierson_2013S-low-en.mp4
       I love the phrase she had her students say daily, "I am somebody. I was somebody when I came and I'll be a better somebody when I leave. I am powerful and I am strong. I deserve the education that I will get here. I have things to do, people to impress, and places to go."



...That's what I'm talkin' about!

No comments:

Post a Comment